Overall Learning Objectives
Smart data is powerful because of its transversal use across the public, private and non-profit sectors; the curriculum and course materials reflect this potential. However, given the focus is on the teaching of smart data to business and management students and start up entrepreneurs, the lens has been narrowed to focus on smart data in business, especially small and medium businesses, and the strategic role of data in creating sustainable, profitable business models.
The overall objective of the GENERATION DATA project is to empower students and entrepreneurs to be data competent and active, that is optimizing the use of smart data across a business, even if they have no prior experience of data science or technology.
Specifically, participants will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- Comprehend the emerging role of big data and how it can be turned into smart data.
- Craft and coordinate integrated data capture and analysis activities.
- Carry out data interpretation to gain actionable insights into business performance and market opportunities.
- Determine appropriate technological tools for data solutions based on cost-benefit analysis.
- Understand the key regulatory and ethical aspects of data privacy and handling.